Dear Nicholas Dance Studio Family Members,
As valued members of our dance family, we have implemented the following COVID-19 Rules as we proceed in opening our Summer Dance and Arts Camp at Nicholas Dance Studio. We will adhere to, monitor and implement the local, state, and federal recommendations as they’re announced and make changes as necessary. We will take each week, or day to day, into consideration as it approaches and keep you updated on any changes. We will be updating you
through Instagram, email, and when we see you. We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the COVID policies we have in place at the Studio to help our dancers and families stay healthy and safe.
ENTRY: All students must enter the building from the back door, parking lot entrance.We will make that a safe entrance for everyone to use.
1. WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED: We are asking all parents/guardians to enter through the back parking lot door, bring your child inside, and after being greeted, sign in and wait for a temperature check. After being cleared, either wait in your car or come back to pick up your child on time. We are trying to cut back on social togetherness. We feel closing down our waiting room will eliminate group gatherings as well as prevent contaminating many areas in the Dance Studio.
2. All children will have their temperature taken with a touch-less laser thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 99 degrees will not be allowed in.
3. Once your student is cleared and has had their temperature taken, they will change their shoes, and be ushered immediately into the bathroom to wash their hands. After that, they will take their place in the Studio with the group, until everyone has arrived and washed up.
4. No street shoes will be allowed in the Dance Studio area. Only dance shoes will be worn. Your child will have a place for their street shoes – ideally inside their dance bag.
5. We all will be required to wear a face mask when not dancing. We request that you bring a face mask for your child. If not, you must give us permission to provide a new, state approved mask for your child.
6. Pick-up – since the waiting room is closed, we ask that all parents make a single file line at the back door to meet your child. Each child will be dismissed individually as each parent comes to the door. All students will be in their designated Studio spot awaiting your arrival. All doors will be open to avoid touching handles.
● Hand Sanitizer: We will have hand sanitizers in the Studio, the hallway, and sign-in desk. Students will be asked to use it frequently. If you’d prefer your own, students are permitted to bring it in their dance bag. Our sanitizer does contain at least 70% alcohol.
● Water Fountain – our water fountain is CLOSED. Please make sure your child brings their own non-spillable container that has their name on it. Water bottles may be available for sale.
● No Close Contact: we will be adjusting many things in our Studio to avoid contact. We will not be using the barres. Floor barre will be implemented (this is just barre exercises without actually holding on). Students will not be permitted to hold hands, high five, or touch each other in any way. We will also ensure that they are not in close-proximity to each other. Before class, please remind them to keep to themselves. (They all love to hug each other 🙂
● Surface Cleaning: Every half hour we are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with bleach cloths like Clorox Wipes. Every evening, everything is wiped down.
● Deep Cleaning: The Studio will be deep cleaned twice per week.
● Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their shirt or elbow,
not in their hands. If your child has either of these symptoms, please keep them at home.
● Staff: Only healthy staff (without symptoms) will be in the Dance Studio.
How Can You Help?
● Do not bring your child to the Studio if they are coughing, sneezing, have a fever, stomach-ache, body aches, sore throat, chest congestion, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other illness.
● Do not bring your child to the Studio if a family member is ill with any of the above symptoms.
● Don’t bring toys. Summer students will need to bring their own lunch, snacks, a sleeping bag and small pillow.
● Don’t break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
● Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into their shirt or elbow, not in their hand and to not touch other children or their teacher.
● Alert us if your child does have COVID-19 and has been to the Studio within the last 4 days.
At this time Nicholas Dance Studio will open with these COVID Rules and
restrictions until directed otherwise. Each family is encouraged to make their own decision about coming to the Studio, so please do what you feel comfortable with and what makes the most sense for you and your family. Your child’s health and safety are most important to us!! We are so looking forward to healthier times when we can hug all of your little ones again. They are such a bright spot in our day! The well-being of our students and families is our top priority! Please know that we are here to address any concerns or issues you may have and are happy to hear from you on additional ways we can keep our dance students healthy!
Cathie Nicholas, Founder/Director, Nicholas Dance Studio
4273 Crenshaw Blvd., LA 90008 ~ (323) 445-2500 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org